What's New in Summer Beaver?
ᑫᑯᓀᓇᐣ ᑲᐅᐡᑭᓭᑭᐣ ᓂᐱᓇᒥᑲᐧᓂᐠ?
August 24th-August 29th, come out to Gogo’s Point to celebrate 45 years of Nibinamik First Nation’s Day! Cook out, exciting activities, Poker, Bingo night, and more!
Fun for the whole family!
Remembering a Founding Member of Nibinamik
ᐁᒪᒥᑲᐁᐧᓂᒪᑲᓂᐃᐧᐨ ᑲᑭᐅᐡᑭᒪᒋᑐᐨ ᓂᐱᓇᒥᐠ ᑕᓇᐱᐃᐧᓂ
The Summer Beaver community is deeply saddened to announce the recent passing of elder, Simon Beaver Sr., who passed away Tuesday, March 3, 2020. As a founding member of Nibinamik, a son, a father, a grandfather, and respected elder of his community, Simon will be greatly missed by his many family members, extended relatives, and friends.
Visitation and Funeral Service was held at Jenkens Funeral Home in Thunder Bay on Thursday, March 5, 2020 and was officiated by Reverend Nancy Ringham.
A Funeral Service in Nibinamik was held on Friday, March 6, 2020 at St. Barnabas Anglican Church. The service was officiated by Reverend Joey Bighead.
Official Summer Beaver Newsletters
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR LAST NEWSLETTER
Are you currently seeking employment and live in Nibinamik?
If so, here is a list of current employment opportunities in your community!
- Web page Administrator
- OW – Employment Counsellor
- Accounting Clerk
- Accounts Payable
- Filing Manager
- KKETS – Literacy
- Power Authority Bookkeeper
- Housing Manager
- Project Manager
- Power Assistant
- Human Resources Coordinator/Manager
- Social Liaison/Navigator
- OW – Administrator NEW
- Home Care Coordinator NEW
- Choose Life Coordinator NEW
- 2 Housing Interns – Youth – should start ASAP
- Call for Carpenters, Roofers, Finishers, etc. – hardworking, reliable individuals to assist with Nibinamik’s Housing Project
MOST RECENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
1. Unloaders – Looking for 6-8 workers. Unloading housing materials, generators, etc. on recurring trips for an ongoing period of time.
2. Winter/Ice Road Workers – New upcoming project. Seeking hardworking individuals to assist in realigning the winter/ice road.
If interested in either of these positions, please contact Roger Oskineegish.
30th Anniversary with Wasaya!
30 ᑕᓱᔭᑭᐃᐧᓀᔭ ᐊᐧᓭᔭ ᐱᒥᓭᐃᐧ ᐱᒥᐃᐧᒋᑫᐃᐧᐣ
Nibinamik First Nation celebrates 30th Anniversary as a shareholder/partner in Wasaya Airways!
Thank you to everyone who continues to choose Wasaya Airways.
In 2017, the provincial government of Ontario pledged support for the construction of a road that would connect Nibinamik, Webequie and the Northern Ontario Ring of Fire to Ontario Highway 599 at Pickle Lake.
The community is located on the western edge of the Ring of Fire regional mining deposits and is involved in negotiations with the province in how to proceed with startup of mines in the area.