The Nibinamik Health Centre currently offers the community an abundance of resources in the health field. The Health Centre is led by Annie Oskineegish and offers:
- Delivery of medical transportation services and assistance in making medical appointment arrangements
- Transportation to medical appointments within the community
- Transportation assistance from/to Nibinamik First Nation to medical appointments (doctor, dentist, optometrist, specialist) in Sioux Lookout and Thunder Bay
- Assistance with making arrangements for any medical appointments out of town such as booking appointments, hotels, and completing applications for mileage compensation
- Health management, case manager, facilities, mental health, NNADAP
Health Centre - ᒪᐡᑭᑭᐃᐧᑲᒥᐠ:
Attention Nibinamik Patients with Diabetes:
A recent recall on Metformin has been issued due to high levels of N-nitrosodimethylamine which is safe is small doses but over a long time, can cause cancer.
High levels were found only in a certain brand of Metformin, “RAN-Metformin,” which is not the brand that Remedy’s stocks so the brands of Metformin that patients in Nibinamik have are so far thought to be quite safe.
We will continue to monitor the situation but for now, DO NOT STOP YOUR PRESCRIBED METFORMIN as the risks of high blood sugar are worse than the risks of the Metformin.